A good starting point for Canadian men is the Men’s Depression | Help Yourself website, by the University of British Columbia’s Men’s Health Research Program, where you’ll find the following interactive multimedia booklets:
Canadian resources on depression in general:
- DepressionHurts.ca, presented by the Mood Disorders Society of Canada (MDSC), in partnership with the Mood Disorders Association of Ontario (MDAO).
- Depression and Men and Mental Illness — Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA).
- Depressive Illness: An Information Guide — Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH)
- What is Depression? — Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
More resources on male depression from around the world:
- United States — Men and Depression (National Institute for Mental Health); Men Get Depression; Men and Depression (Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance); Man Therapy
- Australia — Depression in Men (Beyond Blue); Man Therapy
- United Kingdom — Men & Depression (Royal College of Psychiatrists); Depression and Suicide in Men (NetDoctor)
If you know of an online resource dedicated specifically to men and depression not found on this site, please submit your Link Suggestion via our Contact form, thank you. Preference will be given to Canadian sites and sources.